Adventure travel in Central America a Unique Biking Holidays - San Juan Howler
Adventure travel a Unique biking holidays - It is quite significant to ponder over thrill and excitement of conquering over the mountain in a convenient manner when you have been bestowed with the rousing active training imparted by San Juan Howler. Nicaragua is the biggest country in Central America. North of Costa Rica and south of Honduras, it is a land known for both its lakes and volcanoes.
The Pacific and Atlantic oceans both go ashore here. Adventure travel in San Juan del Sur is a quite southwestern fishing hamlet, which is a weathered, tropical dream destination, and is home to Howler. Bodhin Adventure Services is the group putting on the event.
Larry Thraen is Bodhin's owner, and his goal is to develop a series of endurance races in the area that are recognized on an international level. With this 3rd Howler Mountain Bike Race on December 11, 2010 Larry's goal is to also raise funds for two nonprofits, Comunidad Connect and Fundacion Tierra-by "offering a great race, for a great cause. "It's a simple matter to get there.
How to get there
1) For travel arrangements: Airlines fly to Managua International Airport which is 150 kilometers north of San Juan del Sur. Get a tourist card from customs for $5 and you are set. The rate of trade is one dollar US to 21 Cordobas, the region's monetary form. American dollars are the most widely accepted currency.
2) Visa information: Visitors who don't stay more than 90 days don't require a visa, however they must have a valid 6 month visa after leaving Nicaragua. When you depart on your flight, the Fed gets a $32 exit tax - or pay $6 at the border.
3) Medical Info: Both locals and tourists have access to medical care at no cost. Visitors and locals alike have access to free health care You don't need shots for brief visits, however you should consult with your physician. Don't drink the tap water that is available.
4) Security: Compared to the rest of this part of the world, Nicaragua is relatively secure. Still, you should be aware of your surroundings and take some safety precautions like traveling by cab at night rather than walking. Familiarize yourself with the guidelines set out by the State Department. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_985.html
Adventure travel in Central America's Lake Nicaragua, also known as the “Land of Lakes and Volcanoes”, lives the world's only fresh-water sharks
5) A Land of Water and Fire, Lake Nicaragua, in addition to being the biggest lake in Central America, is also home to the only fresh-water sharks found on earth. Adventure Travel - The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History lists 19 local volcanoes and their characteristics at: www.volcano.si.edu/world/region.cfm?rnum=1404
6) La Flor Wildlife Reserve, 22 kilometers south of San Juan del Sur, is a world- famous turtle hatchery. www.vianica.com/activity/25/sea-turtle-arrivals-at-la-flor
7) Dining experiences - You'll find Western cuisine available. Turtle, armadillo or lizard may be endangered meat that is served; as well as poached turtle eggs.
8) Catholic festivals include those that the Spaniards brought to the Incas. La Purisima honors Mary's Immaculate Conception, a 9-day celebration culminating on December 8-three days before Howler's 18K, 28K and 42K MTB races.
Adventure travel in San Juan del Sur is a real treasure waiting to be discovered. December is the perfect time to combine biking holidays with a trip to a warmer climate, especially if you're a Northerner who wants to escape the cold - whether temporarily or permanently.
Author: Uncover the mountain bike adventures that whereintheworldareyou.com and Sunamita Lim uncovered in Central America! You could only hope for such an extra-ordinary region for mountain biking. Click on Adventure travel now to discover this virgin region.
San Juan Howler Mountain Bike Race Thrills Again Dec. 11, 2010!
December 11, 2010 Mountain Bike Action San Juan Howler
Mountain Biking in San Juan Howler, Peddles People Power to New Biking Heights
San Juan Howler is a Riveting Mountain Bike Race for Participants
San Juan Howler is a Howling Mountain Bike Event in Central America
Mountain Bike Racing – Karma – Doing Good with San Juan Howler!
It's an Art to Build the San Juan Howler Mountain Bike Course
Epic Adventurers Flock to San Juan Howler Mountain Bike Race
What Is San Juan Howler And How Does It Help Nicaraguan Nonprofits?
2010 San Juan Howler Mountain Biking Tips
San Juan Howler MTB Race Course Designer Finds Course is King, Collaboration Key
Mountain Biking Tips - San Juan Howler Transcends Challenges with Mind-Body-Spirit
How Central America Performs as an Emerging MTB Action Scene
Energy and Endurance Tips for Central America MTB Races
Visiting Central America for MTB Races is Life-Changing
Biking Central America MTB Racecources
Words to Live from 2009 La Ruta de los Conquistadores Champion
All-American MTB Action Trips Advice - Especially for Beginners
Mountain biking tips - Increasing Mental Sharpness with the help of Central American MTB Action